Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Parker's Birthday

So here's the short version:
Parker's birthday was a month ago and pictures have been in the album, but I've promised a blog post. (yes, that is a number 1 candle. oops. and he picked off all the special birthday chocolate chips that I put on his waffles)
(this is a silly face. and surprisingly Parker requested a birthday hat! which I quickly put together for him to wear)

On his birthday, which was a Friday, we had our family over for cake, ice cream, and presents! The whole day before everyone arrived, he kept naming off who was coming over and kept going to the door saying someone was there. Finally after work, Parker was beyond excited that everyone he knew and loved was at his house and was running around the house saying "Happy Birthday!" And "Everybody here!" I have never seen him that excited and it was really special for him (and me).

Then on Saturday we had his friend birthday party at Fliptastic gymnastics center. It was a lot of fun watching all the kids run around and try all the different climbing and jumping things. He got a lot of cool things and loved playing with all his friends.
It was truly a fantastic weekend and we feel so blessed to have Parker in our lives. He has been such a blessing and I am reminded everyday by his beautiful scar of what a miracle he is. He has grown so much and makes me laugh everyday.

1 comment:

Kasey Littlejohns said...

Love the pictures Sheena! Both your kids are so cute! I'm so glad God has blessed you with them.
miss ya! -Kase