Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Fun Day

Although we have a pool in our backyard, we went to Folsom Lake to enjoy the sand and waves. The whole drive there Parker kept saying "the beach". Poor guy was so anxious, when we stopped at the grocery store on the way he said "we're here. the beach!". Once we finally arrived we walked down to the water and set up our spot on the sand. Parker immediately headed to the lake to get in the water. He had so much fun floating around, finding rocks, going "up and down" in the waves, and playing in the sand. And he really liked sitting on the shore and digging his hands in the wet sand.
I think he could have stayed there all day, but his yawns were becoming contagious, so it was time to go.

It's amazing to Trevor and me how much he understands and communicates. We know he loves spending time with Mommy and Daddy and I am so glad we were able to set this day aside to just hang out rather than run errands and do baby prep stuff. He has been such a good boy and is always so happy. I hope that doesn't change once his sister arrives!!!!
Only a handful of days left! I'm going to soak up all the one on one time I can get with this sweet boy.

No comments: